Here’s one for the new parking wardens

After being spotted on the mean streets of Lichfield recently, it seems the new wardens haven’t ventured too far out of the city centre.

Parked cars blocking a bus stop. Picture: Nick Brickett

Parked cars blocking a bus stop. Picture: Nick Brickett

Friend of The Lichfield Blog, photographer Nick Brickett, captured the usual dodgy parking near the Bowling Green island. This time the commuters too tight to pay for city centre parking had decided that no-one needed to catch a bus at that particular stop.

Are there worse examples of parking out there? Perhaps we could put together a file of dozy parkers to help the new wardens focus their efforts?

Pals of The Lichfield Blog, it’s over to you…

1. Nick

10th March, 2009 at 6:42 pm

I also spotted a brand new Mini Cooper S with a ‘Fixed Penalty Notice’ on the windscreen – was about to photograph it, but the owner came back and wasn’t looking too happy

2. Nessa_g

10th March, 2009 at 6:37 pm

What a truly fasicnating piece

3. Sammy J

10th March, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Good to see it being clamped down on, but they could have a field day – as your picture shows.

And Nessa_g, thanks for your kind words ;o)

4. Phil

10th March, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Just wait till I get round to the entrance of Wade Street and snap those damn Pizzaco things (they don’t deserve to be called cars).

5. Emma

10th March, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Today I came off the bowling green island and nearly smashed into the back of this very same row of parked cars. How are they getting away with parking here?? It is so dangerous.
    And Nessie it is an interesting piece for the mature users of this site and not Bower Queen wannabes.

6. sammy_boy

10th March, 2009 at 6:56 pm

I do try to park responsibly, though I hate having to pay for parking and tend to hunt for the free spots, so suspect some of my parking borders on cheeky but wouldn’t be dozy enough to park in a bus stop!

7. 66usual

10th March, 2009 at 7:31 pm

well, Sammy, with you new Ka, you don’t have to park. Surely you can just pop it in a bag and take it with you? :)

8. Mick Tyler

19th March, 2009 at 1:03 pm

What about the cars that park on the bend in Stowe St. I thought parking on a bend was ilegal.
    On a lighter note I was in town Tues, I spotted 5 wardens between McDonalds and Boots, oh and 1 Spiderman coming across the carpark.

9. Sammy J

19th March, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Glad to see the wardens are venturing outside of the city centre then!

Don’t forget folks, you can always send us your articles to thelichfieldblog@ymail.com and register for the site on the right if you want to keep us upto date with the wardens or any other snippets of news from ye olde city of Lichfield.

10. Pingback: Lichfield to get new restrictions in bad parking hotspot