New fish and chip restaurant to open in Lichfield

ernieandisabellaA new specialist fish and chip restaurant is opening in Lichfield.

Ernie & Isabella’s is being launched by the owners of 1709 The Brasserie.

The restaurant and takeaway will open on Bird Street on August 2.

For more details visit the Ernie & Isabella’s website.

1. -25 Vote -1 Vote +1Lichfeldian

26th July, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Hmmm I don’t think this is going to work.. Seftons/chipking is by far the best! I kinda secretly hope you fail :)

2. +4 Vote -1 Vote +1Doopster

26th July, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I think it’ll be the bomb. Good luck to them, looking forward to scoffing there.

3. +6 Vote -1 Vote +1Lich_Ranger

26th July, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I agree Doopster. Looks like it will be based on quality and will add to the city centre mix of food outlets. More good news for the city centre, which along with Fat Face opening, demonstrates that some confidence is slowly returning in the High Street and Lichfield’s in particular. Let’s hope we don’t all end up with fat faces as a result!

4. -4 Vote -1 Vote +1Lichfeldian

26th July, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Haha funny joke!

5. +5 Vote -1 Vote +1Northern Lass

26th July, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Lichfeldian – polite suggestion for you. Nothing nice to say (or constructive), don’t say anything.

Absolutely love 1709 so wish them all the best!

6. -1 Vote -1 Vote +1Foxy

26th July, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Good luck to them.
    I think parking may be a problem there – not easy to just pop in for a bag of fish and chips.
    A good quality chip shop restaurant does do well in many tourist towns.

What no battered burgers? ;)

7. -2 Vote -1 Vote +1Lichfeldian

26th July, 2013 at 8:27 pm

No… LoL

8. -1 Vote -1 Vote +1Darwin

28th July, 2013 at 10:45 pm

This is great news! My fella and I love 1709 and welcome additions to Lichfield’s restaurant offer. We’ll definitely be trying it out.

9. +1 Vote -1 Vote +1Fred butin

29th July, 2013 at 10:33 am

Well done hope you do well great to see new starters
    Fred

10. +2 Vote -1 Vote +1Peter Hancox

17th August, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I visited Ernie and Isabellas last week. I’m not normally a great fan of fish and chips, most shops serve fish wrapped in greasy batter and sometimes more batter than fish and the chips are nearly always soggy and boring. However I was so impressed with the quality of what was served that I actually had to go back the following day. The staff were also really friendly and welcoming.The place was also packed with diners which is always a good sign. The lunchtime special is really good value. This place is now added to my list of “the ONLY places to dine in Lichfield” along with Green T Chinese, the Indian Village , Damn Fine Cafe and the 1709 brasserie.I am spreading the word as I want good quality establishments to succeed as there are just so many places to eat out in Lichfield

11. Vote -1 Vote +1Lesley Hunter

24th August, 2013 at 3:54 pm

We visited Ernie and Isabellas last night and I’m also not a fan of your average fish and chip shop, but we were very impressed especially with the fish, the chips and mushy peas were also very good as was the service, we shall certainly be back for more!

12. -5 Vote -1 Vote +1mike mcdonald

24th August, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Well I hope it`s a lot better than 1709…..lots of bad reports of that establishment

13. +2 Vote -1 Vote +1Northern Lass

25th August, 2013 at 3:05 am

What a load of absolute twaddle. I was in 1709 on Wednesday and got the same top notch food and service I always have. Heard good things about the new restaurant, too. Don’t know until you go so how can you possibly “hope it’s better”?

14. +4 Vote -1 Vote +1Anne

25th August, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Fab fish and chips. Thank you for offering quality food in Lichfield. We need more of it.

Lichfieldian or shall I say, anti Lichfieldian – nothing like supporting local businesses.

%d bloggers like this: