Guildhall sees rise in enquiries about same-sex weddings

Lichfield Guildhall

Lichfield Guildhall

The Guildhall has already received one booking for a same-sex ceremony in 2015.

And a report to Lichfield City Council revealed that the law change had sparked “many enquiries” about the venue’s availability.

The report revealed that the Guildhall was proving to be a popular location for weddings.

The venue has been booked for 23 receptions – 11 of which will also see the city centre site host the ceremony.

The report on the Guildhall will be discussed at a meeting of Lichfield City Council on Monday (April 7).

1. johnthemon

3rd April, 2014 at 4:24 pm

“A change in the law to allow same-sex weddings has led to a rise in enquiries at a Lichfield venue.”

This law condoning such things contravenes the teachings of the Bible, God’s law.

2. Scissor sister

3rd April, 2014 at 4:33 pm

If risking the wrath of the pretend man in the sky is all I have to worry about I think I’ll take my chances!!

3. Asellus aquaticus

3rd April, 2014 at 7:32 pm

“As long as we know and understand the consequences of this, there is nothing more to be said.”

Yup, we’re fine with that, thanks.

4. Some Bloke

3rd April, 2014 at 7:43 pm

@ “jonthemon” Do you know and understand the consequences of this? I’d be grateful if you could explain, perhaps?

5. johnthemon

3rd April, 2014 at 8:57 pm

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?”

Isn’t that consequential enough…..

“Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”
    All this in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

As I have already said “there is nothing more to be said.” From me anyway on this at this time.

6. BrownhillsBob

3rd April, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Meanwhile, Christians are praying to their god to save people he didn’t kill first time around in an earthquake in Chile.

Funny old deity you got there.

I’d never really considered blokes an option before, but I’m considering the option now just to smite the pious.

7. Some Bloke

3rd April, 2014 at 9:53 pm

@ “jonthemon” yeah so, the same book has a talking snake in it. I think, with all due respect, anyone who uses those quotes as an argument against love, hasn’t really got very much to add to the debate, really.
    Also, that’s me done on point number 7 on the list. Oh well..

8. johnthemon

5th April, 2014 at 8:54 am

Fellow Christians, this is an encouraging time for Christians regarding same sex marriages. In our times Biblical Prophesies are being revealed, “Let us rejoice and be glad in it”

9. Rob

6th April, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Interesting how the usual “progressives” are very free with their glib remarks belittling those of the Christian faith. Odd that they’re so reluctant to make similar derogatory statements against those of the Muslim persuausion.