Cats die after being poisoned with anti-freeze in Burntwood

An appeal has been launched after cats were poisoned with anti-freeze in Burntwood.

The RSPCA say three animals have died as a result since the start of the year.

The cats – who all lived around Oak Lane in the Chase Terrace area – died from kidney failure, with tests confirming that they ingested antifreeze.

RSPCA inspector Kate Levesley said: “This is a very upsetting incident which has resulted in the deaths of three much-loved family pets.

“It is very important that we ask pet owners in the area to be vigilant. We ask everyone in the area to keep an eye on their cats’ wellbeing and if they are showing symptoms of poisoning get them veterinary treatment immediately.

“At this stage we do not know if these were accidental incidents or deliberate but in the meantime we would ask for everyone in the area to check where they keep their pesticides and chemicals including antifreeze and make sure it is secure and out of the way of cats. People should check their car radiators for leaks too.”

Anyone who has information is asked contact the RSPCA on 0300 123 8018 or Staffordshire police on 101.

Founder of LichfieldLive and editor of the site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: