Lichfield residents are being urged to make sure they are registered to vote in the forthcoming County Council and European Parliament elections.
People can only vote in the elections on June 4 if their name is on the register of electors – and the last date to apply to get on the register is May 19.
The vast majority of residents are registered, but if someone has moved to the district recently, they need to make sure they are registered to vote at their new address.
Residents are also being alerted to changes in polling station locations.
Nina Dawes, Local and Deputy County Returning Officer for Lichfield District, said:
“If you are not on the electoral register, you won’t be able to have your say and use your vote in June. If you want to vote, make sure nothing stops you! We are so lucky to live in a democracy, and it’s important to register and use your vote.
“Those on the register will be receiving a poll card in the near future. This states where you need to go to place your vote in the elections. However, just in case, we wanted to alert people about the changes as we don’t want anyone to miss out on their chance to vote”
You can download a registration form on the Lichfield District Council website or call the Elections Team on 01543 308125.
Polling stations changes
- The Croft Primary School, Rugeley Road, Armitage & Hayes Meadow C P School, Spode Avenue, Handsacre will now be at Armitage Village Hall, Shropshire Brook Road, Armitage
- St Michaels’ C of E School Annex, Deans Croft, Lichfield will now be at 7th Lichfield Scout Group HQ, Ash Grove, Lichfield
- Lichfield Library, The Friary, Lichfield will now be at Staffordshire University, Lichfield Centre, The Friary, Lichfield
- St Mary’s Centre, Market Square, Lichfield will now be at Guildroom, Guildhall, Bore Street, Lichfield
- Plad Timber, Birmingham Road, Shenstone Wood End will now be at Mobile Polling Station, Toby Carvery, Birmingham Road, Shenstone Wood End