Don’t miss out!
Get all the most important news and events to your inbox.
“In the light of all the the present exposures over MPs expenses I thought it was important to explain what I am able to claim.”He went on to list his allowances:
- I claim mileage to attend meetings at an agreed rate per mile.
- I attend the LGA Conference (last year in Bournemouth) for this we have a set allowance for hotel and out of pocket expenses. Last year the cost of hotels exceeded the allowance and I met the extra cost.
- As leader of Lichfield District Council I sit on a number of Local Government Boards and working groups, most of these meet in London these average around two or three each month, for these I recover the actual cost against receipts, in almost all cases I travel by Tube and not by taxi.
- Where I receive entertainment I pay for any tickets personally to avoid any conflict of interest.
- I do not benefit from any living allowances and my special responsibility allowance is a matter of public record on the Council’ web site.
- I have renounced my right to receive any increase in special responsibility allowances for the next financial year.