People in Lichfield and Burntwood are being reminded to recycle this Christmas.
With households littered with wrapping papper and Christmas cards, Lichfield District Council is asking residents to think about how they dispose of their waste.
And families are also being urged to recycle everything from their leftovers to their real real Christmas trees.
What to put in your blue bin:
- Wrapping paper (no foil combination paper)
- Christmas cards
- Plastic and cardboard packaging
- Mulled wine, brandy or sherry bottles
What to put in your brown bin:
- Real Christmas trees (chopped up to fit in bin)
- Real holly and ivy decorations
- Garden waste – including grass and hedge cuttings, leaves, weeds, plants and prunings
- Leftover sprouts, turkey bones and any other food waste that can’t be re-used
To discover recipes for what to do with festive leftovers, visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com.