The only news website
dedicated to Lichfield & Burntwood

Smoke alarm saves Lichfield family from house fire

A Lichfield family have had a lucky escape after a fire at their house.

Smoke alarms woke the family of four who were able to alert firefighters to the blaze at their three-storey home in Boathouse Fields at around 2am this morning (August 26).

Fire crews from Lichfield and Chase Terrace tackled the blaze which was caused by an electrical fault in the kitchen.

A fire service spokesman said:

“The occupiers were alerted to the fire by the smoke alarm which activated.  If there had not been a smoke alarm in the property we could have been reporting a very different incident. The alarm saved the lives of all four people that were inside the house.”

The fire caused extensive fire and smoke damage to the kitchen and moderate smoke damage to the ground floor.

A volunteer wrote this. Say thanks with a coffee.

Advertisements
Founder of LichfieldLive and editor of the site.