Comedian Jo Brand is set to help launch the fifth Lichfield Literature.
The Lichfield Festival-run event will see a range of talents from the book world visit the city during October.
Jo Brand will launch the eventat Moor Hall Hotel and Spa in Four Oaks on October 5 to talk about the new second part of her life story, Can’t Stand Up For Sitting Down.
Other big names confirmed include former MPs Roy Hattersley, Tony Benn and Martin Bell, as well as legendary actor Ron Moody.
Lord Hattersley is the guest speaker at the Lichfield Literature literary dinner at the George Hotel on October 8.
There will also be a Big Read event for children, with free copies of author-in-residence Liz Kessler’s book, Philippa Fisher’s Fairy Godsister, being distributed during September and a chance to meet the author on October 9.
Booking for Lichfield Literature opens on September 6 at the Lichfield Festival office, 7 The Close, Lichfield WS13 7LD, by phone on 01543 306270 and online at www.lichfieldfestival.org.
Full list of author talks:
- October 5 @ 7.30pm: Can’t Stand Up For Sitting Down – Jo Brand, The Charter Suite, Moor Hall Hotel & Spa.
- October 7 @ 10am: Between the Sheets: The Literary Liaisons of Nine 20th Century Women Writers Lesley McDowell, The George Hotel.
- October 7 @ 11.45am: Precious – A True Story – Precious Williams, The George Hotel.
- October 7 @ 8pm: Lichfield Literature Quiz Night, Darnford Moors Golf Club.
- October 8 @ 11am: The Model Wife: Effie, Ruskin and Millais – Suzanne Fagence-Cooper, The George Hotel.
- October 8 @ 3pm: Control – John Macken, Lichfield Library.
- October 8 @7pm: Battle Lines – The Lichfield Poets, Lichfield Library.
- October 8 @7.30pm: Lichfield Literary Dinner with Roy Hattersley, The George Hotel.
- October 9 @ 10am: She-Wolves: The Women who Ruled England Before Elizabeth – Helen Castor, The George Hotel.
- October 9 @ 11.45am: Galileo – John Heilbron The George Hotel
- Ocotber 9 @ 2pm: A Still Untitled, (Not Quite) Autobiography – Ron Moody, The George Hotel.
- October 9@ 3.45pm: The New Optimists: Scientists view tomorrow’s world & what it means to us – Edited by Dr Keith Richards with a foreword by Jenny Uglow, The George Hotel.
- October 9 @ 5.15pm: The Cranford Companion – Sue Birtwistle & Susie Conklin, The George Hotel.
- October 9 @ 7pm: Bluestockings: The Remarkable Story of the First Women to Fight for an Education – Jane Robinson, The George Hotel.
- October 9 @ 8.30pm: A Very British Revolution – Martin Bell, The George Hotel.
- October 10 @ 12noon: Slave: From book to stage and screen – Mende Nazer and Damien Lewis, The George Hotel.
- October 10 @ 2pm Letters To My Grandchildren – Tony Benn, The George Hotel.
- October 10 @ 4pm The Last Englishman: The Double Life of Arthur Ransome – Roland Chambers, The George Hotel.
- October 10 @ 5.45pm Storyteller: The Life of Roald Dahl – Donald Sturrock, The George Hotel.
- October 10 @ 7.30pm Shakespeare On Toast – Ben Crystal, The George Hotel.