Don’t miss out!
Get all the most important news and events to your inbox.
“We want to flag up that we do things a little bit differently at St Thomas’. If people have been put off playing golf because of its image or had a poor experience playing elsewhere, the message is come and give us try. “We’re a very friendly club where the emphasis is on enjoying the fun of golf. We pride ourselves on encouraging a wide range of people to play. We’ve had programmes to get more women and youngsters involved in golf and help non-golfers to take up the game – all of which are part of this fun programme.”All the activities are part of Midlands Golf Week, which sees more than 70 clubs around the region offer a wide range of events aimed at encouraging more people into – or back into – the sport. The events at St Thomas’s Priory include:
- July 18: Rounds not pounds – a round will cost the same number of pence as the 2011 Open champion (eg winning score 288, pay £2.88)
- July 19: Need for speed – six hole challenge in one hour. Lowest number of shots and minutes wins. £5 entry.
- July 20: Ladies and kids play for free. Also, free golf lessons.
- July 21: Golfer/non-golfer – golfer plays to the green, non-golfer putts out. £10 per pair.
- July 22: Dress down Friday – no dress code. £10 per person, per round.