The only news website dedicated to Lichfield & Burntwood

Woman and two children escape after house fire in Lichfield

A women and two children have been taken to hospital after a house fire in Lichfield.

Firefighters were called to Stychbrook Gardens at 5.54am on Saturday morning (May 19) and found the lounge in flames.

The woman and two girls suffered smoke inhalation but were able to escape after their fire alarm went off.

Station Manager Toby Wilson said: “We believe the fire was started accidentally due to a tea towel that had been left close to an electric lamp causing it to overheat and ignite.

“Eighteen months ago we had a similar incident near to Lichfield in which a lamp had been placed too closely to bedding, which resulted in the death of an elderly man. It’s really important to ensure that material items aren’t placed too close to or on top of lamps as this incident has highlighted.”

A volunteer wrote this. Say thanks with a coffee.

Advertisements

Advertise here and reach 10,000 visitors every month!

Founder of LichfieldLive and editor of the site.