The only news website
dedicated to Lichfield & Burntwood

Cooking warning after kitchen fire in Burntwood

People are being reminded of the dangers of being distracted when cooking after a fire in Burntwood.

A smoke alarm alerted a family to the blaze in their Highfield Road home after a grill pan had been left unattended at 8.30pm last night (October 8).

Station manager Jim Bywater said: “Fortunately this property was fitted with working smoking alarms. If it hadn’t been for the smoke alarms the situation could have been far more serious.

“We strongly advise people to remain in the kitchen at all times when they are cooking, as it is very easy to become distracted and that’s when fires happen as this incident has highlighted.”

A volunteer wrote this. Say thanks with a coffee.


Advertise here and reach 10,000 visitors every month!

Founder of LichfieldLive and editor of the site.