Bins across Lichfield and Burntwood are finally set to be emptied after a week of disruption caused by the weather.
Snow and ice meant that many roads across the region were unable to reached by Lichfield District Council’s refuse teams.
However, the local authority has now drawn up plans to catch up on the backlog.
- Bins not collected on January 21 will be collected today (January 28)
- Bins not collected on January 22 will be collected on January 29
- Bins not collected on January 23 will be collected on January 30
- Bins not collected on January 24 will be collected on January 31
- Bins not collected on January 25 will be collected on February 1
However, families have been told not to put any extra black bags out.
A spokesperson for Lichfield District Council explained that because black bins will be collected the following week as normal.
Blue recycling bins, meanwhile, will be collected as normal on the next collection day.
However, residents have been told not to put brown bins out as these are not being picked up until the refuse teams have finished catching up on missed collections.
For more details on the temporary arrangements, visit the Lichfield District Council website.