Lichfield MP Michael Fabricant set to appear on Have I Got News For You

Lichfield’s MP is hoping he won’t look like “too much of a dork” when he appears on Have I Got News For You.

Michael Fabricant

Michael Fabricant

Michael Fabricant has agreed to be a panelist on the popular BBC panel show to be aired on May 10.

And he’s looking forward to locking horns with team captains Paul Merton and Ian Hislop.

“I’d been asked to appear a couple of times before and said no,” Mr Fabricant said. “But then I met the producer and thought ‘what the heck’, so I’ll give it a go.

“I know they will be making fun, but I’ll just have to go along with it and tell a few funny stories of my own and hope I don’t look like too much of a dork.”

The Lichfield MP doesn’t think House of Commons debates will be preparation for is appearance.

He explained: “This is nothing like life in Parliament – but I hope it will be enjoyable and entertaining.”

1. johnthemon

29th April, 2013 at 12:23 pm

It is no telling how much more the people of Lichfield and those who voted for him can take.

2. Jeff David

29th April, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I hope he is fully brief by Conservative Central Office before he appears, particularly on the difference between people laughing at you and those who are laughing with you.

3. Ashleigh Coleridge

30th April, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Anything for Fabbo as long as it’s not speaking in his constituents interest. Do we have the most useless MP in the country?

4. Northern Lass

30th April, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Good! Let him go on and shame himself on national television. The more people see it then the less likely he’ll be voted back in.

Can’t actually remember seeing any half decent local tweets from the man since I moved to Lichfield last year.

5. johnthemon

30th April, 2013 at 7:27 pm

“Do we have the most useless MP in the country?”

This depends on how big a field you have and how many crows you need to scare away.

6. Sponge Cake Bob

30th April, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I wonder if Micky will be wearing an Arthur Price Cutlery t-shirt on the show ?

7. Macdhomhnaill

30th April, 2013 at 8:19 pm

that will be interesting, as long as he’s not boring

8. Helen Wilson

10th May, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Do he and Simon price (Arthur price cutlery) use the same hairdresser?

9. Mike Wilson

10th May, 2013 at 7:57 pm

That’s my half-price cutlery set down the chute!

10. Simon&Mike'sTailor

10th May, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Let’s hope his shirt wasn’t undone to the navel like “Mr Lichfield’s” always is.

11. james

10th May, 2013 at 9:32 pm

just watched the show what a pillock, lmao at you

12. Jozef Nakielski

11th May, 2013 at 12:57 am

don’t keep us in suspenders, did wiggy win?

13. Jozef Nakielski

11th May, 2013 at 1:01 am

can’t possibly be the most useless, mine wont even acknowledge my existence and publicly says I’m nasty and talk nonsense because i don’t agree with him. In fact there’s very little he says that i do agree with.

14. james

11th May, 2013 at 4:12 pm

wre the good people of Lichfield on heroin crack and pcp, the day they voted for this guy?

15. LC

11th May, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Embarrassing! So ashamed to say he is my MP. Hopefully he won’t get so many votes for nothing in the election now if people watched this.

16. Darryl

11th May, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Clearly he doesn’t know the difference between people laughing with you and people laughing at you.

Hopefully he’ll be gone in 2015.

17. Another-Lichfeldian

11th May, 2013 at 5:11 pm

The Golden Syrup really does believe his own hype on how amusing/entertaining/charismatic he is. Have I Got News for You showed once and for all that he’s as entertaining on TV as he is effective as a constituency MP.

All “LichVegas” constiutents should follow @Mike_Fabricant on Twitter. Be astonished at the arrogansce of the man. Arrogant, deluded and completely unfit for purpose.

18. sue

14th May, 2013 at 9:26 am

Watched Have I Got News for You last night. OMG how did Michael Fabricant ever get elected. What an idiot. I thought Paul Merton was going to expire at some of his comments and that’s saying something. Has he got hidden talents only the people of Lichfield know about. The man is a total prat!

19. Pat Read

14th May, 2013 at 10:35 am

Watching Fabbo on HIGNFY, I suddenly realised the reason for his bad wig — it allows him to moonlight as Dom Littlewood.
    Courage, brave, oppressed people of Lichfield. With this gonzo running election strategy, your liberation is surely at hand. He’s so busy acting the metropolitan sophisticate, he can’t see that patronising the punters is not a good idea.