proudly supports

Locals urged to back Burntwood singer in next stage of The Voice

Some of the posters urging people to vote for Mitchel Emms

Some of the posters urging people to vote for Mitchel Emms

People living in Lichfield and Burntwood are being urged to lend their support to local singer Mitchel Emms.

The rock vocalist will feature in the first live episode of BBC talent show The Voice tomorrow night (June 7).

He has already beat off a number of rivals to win a place in the team of judge Danny O’Donoghue.

But now Mitchel’s dad John has been busy drumming up support for his son with a series of posters across the area.

And he’ll be hoping it pays off, with the Burntwood singer admitting: “Friday is going to be epic!”

The live quarter finals start on BBC One at 7pm tomorrow.

Click below to see the performance which won Mitchel his place in the live shows:

1. Brian Fister

6th June, 2013 at 1:32 pm

“He has already beat off a number of rivals…”
    Nobody who takes part in that b******t deserves support, real musicians don’t “win” their fame they earn it through the application of their talent, not through reality TV karaoke. That show is a showcase of f*****g idiots. Real musicians make art, these people are mannequins, self-important children who crave attention.

(Moderated to comply with site rules)

2. Terry

6th June, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Brian you are entitled to your opinion but I would hardly call the show b*****it there have been a lot of of good singers on there. If you dont like the show don’t watch and dont read the articles about it.

In fact everybody on the show is someones son/daughter and there are a lot of people enjoying the show, not need to be so offensive try smiling instead!

3. Brian Fister

6th June, 2013 at 4:45 pm

You’d hardly call it bullshit because your only source of culture and entertainment is whatever happens to be on the telly at any given time. If you think watching people standing in line at a convention centre with thousands of other hopeless morons waiting to be judged on their ability to imitate is what constitutes talent or musicianship then I honestly feel sorry for you. Contrived, 2-dimensional teenagers knocking each other off the top spot every fucking year is not music. These people shouldn’t be told how to sound and look, it undermines individuality and creativity. Literally none of them are capable of writing a song, they get told to get on stage and perform like whores and everybody claps like seals and the money rolls in, year after year. As Noel Gallagher said ” it has absolutely nothing to do with music and everything to do with television”. Stop supporting the decline of art.

P.S. I’m not really sure what the contestants being sons/daughters has to do with anything, literally everybody is someone’s son or daughter, it’s inconsequential.

4. Lindsey

6th June, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Dear dear Brian sounds to me like someone’s very bitter & jealous!! Have you been trying to break into the industry for yrs with your “real” music and suffered numerous knock backs?!
    I bet your the type of person that moans about youngsters dossing and claiming benefits?! Leave the poor kid alone. At the end of the day he’s trying to better himself doing something he enjoys. I agree that a lot of the musicians/singers are manufactured, but I’d rather have them slogging their guts out earning their keep, instead of the alternative.
    Climb off your soap box…and there’s an old saying “if you haven’t anything nice to say, don’t say it!”

Good luck Mitchell

5. Martin roe

6th June, 2013 at 5:18 pm

As musician of some thirty years experience, and a photographer who recently photographed one of Mitchels shows. I can certainly tell you that this boy is the real deal. He blows away many vocalists, guitarists and frontmen twice his age. I went along sceptical, and as a favour for a friend, but came away convinced of his abilities. The industry is not what it was, and if this is the only window available to show off his considerable talents, then so be it. Catch him live, listen to his own material, and meet him before dismissing him out of hand. I know too many extremely talented guys who never took the chance to push their talents, good on him for taking his chance.

6. Brian Fister

6th June, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Lindsey, I’m 22 and very much a “youngster”, Brian Fister, in case you hadn’t guessed is not my real name (Brian FISTER, really?), I have no qualms with people on benefits, we should function as a society that supports those in need, not that this has ANYTHING to do with supporting the decline of the music industry. You’re defecting because you think making the argument personal means you’ve won. Well done, you’ve got me figured, I’m incapable of having an opinion that doesn’t stem solely from my deep seated jealousy, guess what? I don’t like Hitler, it must be jealousy, there surely can’t be any reason for disliking genocide beyond my own envy. I happen to think that jealousy is a detestable trait in people and can honestly say I’m not affected. People are capable of bettering themselves without appearing on reality TV shows for their 15 minutes of fame, some people work hard to create their opportunities. And no I’m not a musician, I am however an artist and an avid music fan, I still remember how I felt at 15 when I heard Jeff Buckley’s “Lover You Should’ve Come Over”, it changed the way I heard music from then on, not that you’d know anything about that seeing as you think The Voice is an outlet for genuine musicians. I’m curious as to what you think the alternative to being a manufactured pop star is? A struggling musician with integrity perhaps? The Voice certainly doesn’t have a monopoly on artistic happiness and instant fame shouldn’t be the goal of any musician that claims to love what they do. You think someone like Bob Dylan would’ve even been given a second thought on The Voice? They’re not looking for an artist they’re looking for a “voice”, a blank personality to be moulded at whim by television executives looking for the next fad to feed their greed.

The only luck this Mitchell guy needs is with his Subway application next year.

If you’re convinced that this guy is the real deal you clearly have exceptionally poor taste, being vocally skilled means nothing if you haven’t the passion, intellect or artistry to use it effectively, music exists beyond the confines of the charts and your televisions.

7. Terry

6th June, 2013 at 7:49 pm

My comment about sons and daughters is relevant because you are offensive to people…the contestants have families and friends who wish them well and dont really need to read your rants……I doubt Mich will be working at Subway – you may well be!

Good luck to a really nice guy

8. Terry

7th June, 2013 at 9:10 am

Whoever is posting under my name – please don’t. You know nothing about me or my ‘intellectual’ status. I happen to know Mitch and dont see why you feel the need to put others down unless you have poor self esteem and this makes you feel better about yourself.

Off to get the pizzas and beer in for the show tonite, then its x-factor and Britains got talent soon…….whoooooo!

9. Alice

7th June, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Brian what are you on about ‘real musicians’? Mitch self taught himself to play guitar and is studying music? What is your idea of a real musician? Flippin Motzart

10. Brian Fister

8th June, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Mozart was never a contestant on game-show so yes…