Police Commissioner to take part in online chat with local residents

Lichfield and Burntwood residents can have their say on a range of policing issues as part of an online chat with Staffordshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner.

Matthew Ellis

Matthew Ellis

Matthew Ellis will be answering questions in a one-hour event on Monday (July 22).

The Let’s Talk Online initiative will run between 3.30pm and 4.30pm, with people able to follow and join in the discussion on LichfieldLive.

“Previous online chats proved very popular and left me with sore fingers from the typing but were thoroughly enjoyable and worthwhile,” said Commissioner Ellis. “This is a great opportunity to find out what people have to say about their experiences of policing and the criminal justice system.

“How can things be done better to make sure the system fits people rather than people having to fit the system? It’s not NHS, local authority, CPS or police money – it’s all public money. We must scrap solo thinking, work to common goals – spend better, achieve more.

“I want to hear people’s views on the Safer, Fairer United, Communities strategy which calls for a whole-system approach where public services work collaboratively to common agreed outcomes that make a difference to local people.”

For more details on the strategy, which is open for consultation until the end of August, visit www.staffordshire-pcc.gov.uk.

1. Tracey Richards

23rd July, 2013 at 9:30 pm

My problem is this : I believe in a safer community. I reported the drug house and people involved across the street from me . These people have threatened to kill my family with no out come from the police anyone have any advice to what I should do?

2. Feeling for Tracey

23rd July, 2013 at 11:00 pm

But then Tracey the police fail to act on drugs in Lichfield City Pubs. They turn a blind eye as some of the landlords/publicans pass them info and they don’t want to wreck that relationship. Lichfield IS SOFT in dealing with known drug dealers.

Its not in the interest when these people are providing info on other crimes so the turn a blind eye for the better arrest .

City centre dealers brag that they wont be touched and so far they are soooo right!

3. Tracey Richards

23rd July, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Yes as a patriot it is sad to see our nation wide and far has become delinquent in providing a safe environment for those tht would rather live a peaceful crime free life . I will myself continue to fight the good fight . To those that are doing the same I give thnks !

4. Cynic

23rd July, 2013 at 11:21 pm

But do not worry – the police tell us crime is down!

5. Tracey Richards

24th July, 2013 at 3:10 am

yea right .. but drug sales are off the grid line .. smh.. it is what it is I guess . we live in a change of time . so much negative in the world .. its ridiculous .

6. Jozef Nakielski

24th July, 2013 at 3:24 am

get someone to threaten them back tracy someone bigger than they are

7. Tracey Richards

24th July, 2013 at 4:41 am

wish I had some one!lol hought the police would be sure to look out for those tht want a better way of life

8. Cynic

24th July, 2013 at 10:34 am

“hought the police would be sure to look out for those tht want a better way of life” – and then you realised what the real world is like.
    Look at least one of the bigger crime family in the area – moved to a house most can only dream of!
    Is it a crime ,you can say, is connected with RACE/RELIGIEN? – Will they put their coffee down for that?

9. Cynic

24th July, 2013 at 10:40 am

“get someone to threaten them back tracy someone bigger than they are”

That’s exactly what we do abroad – but there we use soldiers .
    What about asking our service people to come home – show the police how to deal with the “enemy within”?

10. OldMan

24th July, 2013 at 10:45 am

“Tracey Richards” Have you tried email to our new man above?

11. Tracey Richards

27th July, 2013 at 10:23 am

our new man above? no I am not sure who your talking about. But it is a pleasure talking to all of you , your in put is well appreciated

12. Tracey Richards

27th July, 2013 at 10:27 am

well appreciated advice from all. yet who should I try to email? thank you for all the response! seriously these ppl in this house at 46 1st street Rochester N.Y. 14605 need go get off my street:( they think they are untouchable sadly !

13. OldMan

27th July, 2013 at 10:38 am

Tracey Richards – Email Matthew Ellis

14. A Cynical Parody

27th July, 2013 at 10:46 am

Hang on. NY? North Yardley? That’s Birmingham!
    This is a local site for local people, its bad enough Josef comes here from Nuneaton!
    The council need to stop outsiders from commenting on this site and getting local taxpaying people worked up into a frenzy over something we don’t care two hoots about. We don’t pay out council tax for people from North Yardley to come on here.
    Its a disgrace…almost as big a disgrace as the Garrick, but not quite.

15. Rob

27th July, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Rochester St N.Y.
    The place where they say “Hey babe, take a walk ………………”

16. Tracey Richards

28th July, 2013 at 3:58 am

Actually it’s New York . As in Newyork state. sorry I had the wrong spot .I am in Bus Which is in USA.

17. Tracey Richards

28th July, 2013 at 4:01 am

Darn typo.. I’m in NYS..MEANING NEW YORK STATE!sorry again I had wrong site

18. A Cynical Parody

28th July, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Oh, now I’m confused.
    So does that mean Lichfield police aren’t turning a blind eye to drugs, aren’t ignoring please for help from law-abiding citizens and there won’t be a posse of people marching on the drug house any more?

19. Cynic

28th July, 2013 at 2:40 pm

“Oh, now I’m confused.”
    Of course you are!
    Could it show how Lichfield and New York have similar police problems?

20. Tracey

28th July, 2013 at 4:48 pm

PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES!I WAS ON THE WRONG SITE for my complaint! The problem I have is here in NYS(New York State) USA….I’M SORRY FOR BOTHERING YOU PPL! I won’t post here anymore

21. Tracey

28th July, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I think outsiders should only post about info if they know your struggle for a better living! No confusion :( crime is every where.. Especially USA!