Ten arrested over burglaries in Lichfield, Tamworth and Burton

Ten people have been arrested in connection with burglaries in Lichfield.

More than 30 police officers were involved in raids on addresses in Tamworth, Burton and other areas in the West Midlands this morning (March 7).

The arrests come after a spate of burglaries in Lichfield, Burton and Tamworth, including thefts where keys were taken from house in order to steal cars.

Those held are:

• Four men arrested at addresses in Tamworth – aged 32, 30, 26 and 19. A 21-year-old woman was also arrested in Tamworth.
  • Two men, aged 31 and 29, arrested in Burton.
  • Three men, aged 39, 29 and 34, arrested in Birmingham.

Police also seized three stolen cars – believed to be used to travel to crimes – as well tools and a “large quantity”of drugs.

Detective Chief Inspector Dave Garrett, who led this morning’s arrest operation, said: “These crimes have a big impact on the victims and their families, who are often at home when the offenders break in. The distress such a crime has can often be long-lasting.

“Today’s arrest operation has targeted those we suspect of being involved in burglary, along with theft from motor vehicles and car key burglaries.

“We are determined to crack down on these types of crime and would encourage anyone with information to contact us.”

Anyone with concerns about crime in their community can contact police on 101.

1. Geraldine Talbot

8th March, 2014 at 3:54 am

Well done to all involved with this mob of evil individuals and thank you!

2. Andrew

10th March, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I wonder if these are the yobs who where involved in the recent break-ins on Lawrence Way & Ellsmore Meadow the other night? Well done Police!

3. Diane Edwards

10th March, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Is there any way of finding out about wether they were involved in a particular burglary as 1year ago February I was burgled, in lichfield, they took my bag with car keys in it and went on to steal my car, it was a brand new car from motorbility as I’m disabled and since then I have not had a life I didn’t.get a replacement for some months as needed it adapting in mean time my health has detiriated and I’m now physically housebound and cannot sleep with worrying if they were in front of me now id drive over them and see how they would like there life after sorry if iv upset anyone but unless you are in my position you cant comprehend what my life has become thankyou for letting me air my feelings xx

4. Darryl

10th March, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I wonder how many of them have previous convictions?

Lets hope the courts build on this good work and extend lengthy prison terms, especially for those with previous convictions.

5. Cynic

10th March, 2014 at 4:46 pm

“unless you are in my position you cant comprehend what my life has become ”

Any one that has had their home violated knows how you feel – very hard to get over it.
    It is well dome to the officials IF the ten are charged/not released on bail/found guilty and locked up for ten years each.
    Now back to the real world – too many will be back home in time for Monday dinner – with out charge

6. Cynic

14th March, 2014 at 8:24 pm

All that work -three charged – seven released while the police think about it!