Don’t miss out!
Get all the most important news and events to your inbox.
Protect our independence - donate now
Our non-for-profit, independent community journalism is produced by volunteers and survives thanks to your regular contributions.
- The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service: Voluntary groups could be in receipt of this award which has equivalent status as an individual MBE and recognises hard work within the community. More details at www.gov.uk/queens-award-for-voluntary-service/overview.
- The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise: A corporate award recognising outstanding achievements by UK companies in three categories – International Trade, Innovation and Sustainable Development. Meanwhile the Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion recognises individuals who make outstanding contributions to enterprise culture in the UK. For more details visit www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise/overview.
- OBE – An award for a major local role in any activity, where work has made them known nationally in their chosen field.
- MBE – An award for a significant achievement or outstanding service to the community. Awarded for local ‘hands-on’ service which stands out as an example to others.
- BEM – The award for sustained, local contribution or innovative, high impact work of a relatively short duration (three to four years). More details on the previous three awards is available at www.gov.uk/honours/overview.