The only news website dedicated to Lichfield & Burntwood

Lichfield house smoke damaged after tumble dryer sparks fire

A fire started by a tumble dryer has left a Lichfield home with smoke damage.

Crews were called to the property on Birmingham Road at 4.30pm yesterday.

The homeowners were out at the time and firefighters had to force entry to gain access to the utility room where the dryer was.

Lichfield watch manager Steve Whitehouse said: “I cannot stress strongly enough the importance of never putting tumble dryers – or washing machines – on and then leaving the house or going to bed.

“Lint can build up within the machines and filters and it is extremely easy for it to catch fire.

“It is vital that people check their tumble dryer thoroughly before using it and remove any bits of fluff in the filter, cleaning it regularly.

“Taking these simple steps can help to keep you and your family safe.”

A volunteer wrote this. Say thanks with a coffee.

Advertisements

Advertise here and reach 10,000 visitors every month!

Founder of LichfieldLive and editor of the site.