A councillor believes a new strategy will help create a “vibrant and prosperous” economy in Lichfield and Burntwood.
Lichfield District Council has drawn up the plan, which runs to 2020, and aims to attract investment to the area.
Councillor Ian Pritchard, Lichfield District Council’s Cabinet member for economic growth, development and environment, said: “Our key objectives are to increase the levels of investment in the district, provide a good mix and range of employment opportunities and, as far as possible, balance job growth with housing provision and achieve economic prosperity across all parts of the district.
“We want to see a vibrant and prosperous economy and all the benefits that this would bring to residents and the area. The projects outlined in our new strategy will help us to achieve these goals.”
Among the ambitions for the new strategy are:
- To have more local jobs and more people in employment.
- To have more new businesses in the district.
- To create more successful businesses.
- To attract more visitors and get them to spend more.
- To regenerate Lichfield city centre and improve the retail offer in Burntwood.
The strategy document can be downloaded online.