Swimmers will be able to make a splash for charity this week.
Friary Grange Leisure Centre will donate the money from its swimming pool admission on December 22 to St Giles Hospice.
Six sessions will take place during the day, with all but 50p of the entry fee donated to the Whittington-based charity:
- 9.30am to 11am – fun session including Spike Island
- 11.30am to 3.30pm – public swim
- 4pm to 5.30pm – fun session including small inflatable and floats
- 6pm to 7.30pm – public swim
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm – Swimfit Boot Camp
- 9pm to 10pm – swimming lanes
Sarah Clark, fundraising coordinator for St Giles Hospice, said: “A huge thank you to Phil Kelly at Friary Grange Leisure Centre for organising this fabulous event. Not only will it raise vital income for St Giles, but it will give families a fun day out over the festive period.”
Sessions do not need to be booked in advance.