Three men from Burntwood have been jailed for drugs offences.
They were caught in the aftermath of a dealer overdosing on his own cocaine.
Scott Jenkinson, of Brindley Close in Hednesford, was found at a Rugeley hotel in November 2015. When police searched his rucksack they found £12,000 worth of drugs, cash and scales.
The investigation led officers to a network of street dealers, including Burntwood trio Jamie Vincent, previously of Birch Avenue, Robert Kennedy, of Boney Hay Road, and Nathan Blake of Kingsdown Road.
Police were able to observe them dealing on the streets of Burntwood and Cannock.
Blake, 31, was arrested in May 2016 as he sold cocaine to a woman on a pub car park in the town. Police then arrested a number of other members of the criminal gang, including Vincent 30, and Kennedy, 36.
The group has been sentenced after earlier admitting conspiracy to supply cocaine, with investigators saying they believe the gang had supplied between £750,000 and £1.2million worth of drugs between 2014 and 2016:
- Scott Jenkinson, aged 32, of Brindley Crescent, Cannock, was sentenced to seven years
- Robert Kennedy, aged 36, of Boney Hay Road, Burntwood, was sentenced to four years six months
- Jamie Vincent, aged 30, of no fixed address, was sentenced to four years six months
- Nathan Blake, aged 31, of Kingsdown Road, Burntwood, was sentenced to four years six months
- Matthew Falconer, aged 40, of Salters Road, Walsall Wood, was sentenced to four years six months
- James Colbourne, aged 29, of Mount Street, Hednesford, was sentenced to three years
Detective Inspector Lesley Fowler, of Staffordshire Police’s Major and Organised Crime investigations team, said: “The persistence of our officers and the intelligence gathered during this operation has led to these men being put behind bars for a considerable period of time.
“These six men played a significant role in fuelling drug crime in south Staffordshire and their sentences are very much welcomed.”
“I hope this serves as a clear warning to those who think they can commit drug crime in Staffordshire – you will be caught and dealt with. Such criminal activity will not be tolerated.”