The only news website
dedicated to Lichfield & Burntwood

Time running out for parents in Lichfield and Burntwood to apply for secondary school places

Time is running out for parents in Lichfield and Burntwood to apply for secondary school places.

The deadline for applications is on October 31 for children starting in September 2018.

Staffordshire County Council said 70% of people have already applied – but Cllr Philip White, Cabinet support member for learning and employability, said he hoped the remaining 30% would apply before the deadline.

“Although we have the school places, if we don’t know which school you want your child to attend you may not get the place you want,” he said. “For this reason, I would urge parents who haven’t applied for a place yet to do so through Staffordshire County Council’s website before the closing date, to give them the best chance of being allocated one of their top three schools.”

A volunteer wrote this. Say thanks with a coffee.

Advertisements
Founder of LichfieldLive and editor of the site.