A Burntwood building firm says it hopes a £230,000 payment will support community initiatives.
Cameron Homes, which has its headquarters in Chasetown, has handed over the money as a section 106 payment – a requirement for builders as part of the planning process – for its 48-property development in Hill Ridware.
The money will be used for a variety of projects within the Lichfield area, including:
- around £106,000 to primary school educational facilities
- £71,000 going to improvements to or provision of public open spaces
- around £29,000 to encouraging participation in sport and physical activity and leisure facilities
- £19,000 to the Cannock Chase Special Area of Conservation
- £9,000 for traffic calming measures.
Ian Burns, managing director of Cameron Homes, said: “It is good to know that we are not only providing much needed high quality new homes for the district, but we are also helping some very worthwhile local initiatives.”