A Burntwood building site has been cordoned off to allow for controlled explosions to take place following the discovery of World War Two mortar shells.
They were discovered on land off Milestone
Way last month.
A Staffordshire Police spokesperson said the operation to destroy the shells had started at 11am today (June 13).
“As part of an ongoing clearance operation of the site we are again today at the scene to oversee controlled explosions on any live shells,” they said.
“The process is expected to take all day, having commenced at 11am this morning and there will be intermittent road closures on the industrial road as we are at the scene.
“The area is cordoned off as a precaution for public safety and we are advising people to stay away from the area while we deal with this incident and thank everyone for their patience and cooperation.”