The Conservatives hung on to the Stowe ward seat on Lichfield District Council after a by-election.
Labour had hoped to snatch the seat from the controlling group, but saw candidate Donald Palmer beaten by 59 votes by Angela Lax.
A turnout of 23.4% was recorded for the ballot, with 1,137 votes cast.
- Angela Lax (Conservatives) – 499
- Donald Palmer (Labour) – 440
- Richard Rathbone (Lib Dem) – 193
The Conservatives also hung on to the seat on Lichfield City Council:
- Gail Johnson (Conservatives) – 397
- Robyn St Clair Fawcett (Labour) – 359
- Richard Rathbone (Lib Dem) – 163 votes