Creating a space where voices from across Lichfield and Burntwood can be heard has always been a part of the Lichfield Live story. Readers regularly bring insight, perspective and opinion to many of the topics we cover, creating a rounded view of the issues and stories that are important to our audience. However, it is important to recognise that this does not mean we permit the publication of all comments submitted.
There may be a range of reasons why comments do not appear on the site once they have been submitted. These include (but are not limited to):
- Comments containing content that may be libellous.
- Abusive or threatening comments.
- Linking to inappropriate material.
- Comments that are deemed unrelated to the topic being discussed.
- Content which contains inappropriate language or material (including usernames).
- Comments deemed to be solely commercial or promotional.
- Comments which are deemed to be unpublishable for other reasons as decided by the editorial team.
Visitors who repeatedly post comments falling into the categories above may be banned from commenting on our articles permanently.
The team at Lichfield Live reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted without notice.
Due to the volume of comments submitted and the voluntary nature of our team, it will not be possible to provide an explanation on why an individual comment has not been published.
This policy is subject to change at any time.