A note about advertising
We sell advertising on the site to help with our running costs. It doesn’t generate a lot, but it lightens the load and helps to sustain us. We are a not-for-profit project.
We have a few ad slots – if you do decide to advertise (thank you!) please read these helpful guidelines to make the ads work well for you;
- It has to be relevant to Lichfield or Burntwood;
- you should be based in or close to Lichfield District
- a large proportion of your customers live or work in Lichfield District
- the ad should target Lichfield District residents
- we will accept national advertisers who supply well-targeted adverts
- Make it clear what your organisation does
- If you’re a shop, add your opening times if you can
- Clearly display a telephone number; not everyone will click on your ad but they may call
- If it’s animated make sure it’s slow enough to understand!
The ad slots we have available are;
- Masthead. This is the large advert in the very top of every page, to the right of the logo. The dimensions are 768×90 pixels. It’s available at £50 per calendar month.
- Sidebar. This sites just below the search bar on the right hand side of the site. This slot is 300px wide and up to 300px high. It’s available at £30 per calendar month.
- Article. Sitting just below the content of each article, this banner is highly visible to readers. The dimensions are 468×60 pixels. It’s available at £15 per calendar month.
- Sidebar home. There’s a small slot on the sidebar on the home page only. The dimensions for this are 160×145 pixels. It’s available for £10 per calendar month.
Here are illustrations showing the location of each of the above ad slots: