Don’t miss out!

Get all the most important news and events to your inbox.

Chasetown FC are still searching for their first win of 2012 after Buxton took a 3-1 success at the Scholars Ground.
Dean Perrow's effort is saved by the Buxton keeper. Pic: Dave Birt
Buxton had the better of the first half play and Kieran Lugsden had their first chance in the second minute but fired over the bar, while skipper Steve Istead smashed a shot against the bar on 13 minutes after Courtney Pitt had cleared the Bucks’ initial attack from Peter Davidson for a corner. Chasetown did not break through until the 17th minute when Dean Perrow forced a corner which was easily cleared, while on 25 minutes some decent play from Jack Farmer and Lee Hendrie set up Pitt whose shot was collected by Bucks keeper Scott Hartley. Three minutes later the visitors took the lead when a 30-yard free kick from Steve Ridley bounced back off the upright and Istead headed the rebound low into the net. Five minutes into the second half the Scholars levelled when Pitt slotted home a 30-yard free kick after a handball by the Bucks defence for his maiden Chasetown goal. The hosts looked more positive thereafter and the score remained level until the 74th minute when Marc Roberts rose above the Scholars defence to head home a corner and put the Bucks back in front, but the home side tried to fight back and saw two corners cleared off the line in quick succession. With three minutes to go however Buxton put the lid on it when Barraclough raced clear of home skipper Richard Teesdale and fired beyond the diving Lee Evans into the corner of the net. The drama was still not over as Danny Smith was shown the red card for a second bookable offence while Buxton’s Scott Maxfield was also given his marching orders for kicking out at Danny Quinn, but Buxton’s win was already assured and Chasetown slipped into the relegation slots. The Scholars now look towards next Saturday (March 31) and a trip north to Kendal Town (3pm). Chasetown: Evans, Farmer, M Branch, Raglan, J Turner, Teesdale (c), Lycett, Hendrie, Birch, Perrow, Pitt. Subs: Archer (Birch 78), Quinn (Lycett 45), Smith (Raglan 45), Hands, Slater. Buxton: Hartley, Stevens, Wilde, Istead (c), Hawes, Roberts, Lugsden, Davidson, Reed, Barraclough, Ridley. Subs: Agus (Lugsden 86), Maxfield (Ridley 70), Payne, Black, T Turner. Click to see more of Dave Birt’s pictures from the match.