The new appointments for the key roles at Lichfield District Council have been confirmed.
Cllr Norma Bacon will chair the council, while David Salter will be the vice-chair.
An expanded Conservative Cabinet will be made up of:
- Cllr Mike Wilcox – Leader of Cabinet. Responsible for strategic issues and the Fit for the Future programme.
- Cllr Ian Pritchard – Deputy Leader of Cabinet and Cabinet Member for Economy. Responsible for Economic growth and development, Local Enterprise Partnerships, local plan, development control and policy, business relationship management, including city and town partnerships, HS2, environmental issues and neighbourhood plans.
- Cllr Christopher Spruce – Cabinet Member for Finance. Responsible for finance, revenues and benefits, and democratic and legal.
- Cllr Colin Greatorex – Cabinet Member Health & Housing. Responsible for housing strategy, homelessness, public health, environmental health and emergency planning.
- Cllr Helen Fisher – Cabinet Member for Tourism. Responsible for tourism, communications, car parking and public facilities.
- Cllr Doug Pullen – Cabinet Member Community. Responsible for locality commissioning, community safety, equalities, customer service, channel shift and safeguarding and IT.
- Cllr Andrew Smith – Cabinet Member for Leisure. Responsible for parks, open spaces, grounds maintenance, leisure centres and the Lichfield Garrick.
- Cllr Iain Eadie – Cabinet Member for Waste Management. Responsible for waste collection, street cleaning and fleet management.
The various chair and vice-chair’s of council committees have also been appointed:
Strategic (Overview and Scrutiny) Committee
Environment & Development (Overview and Scrutiny) Committee
- Chair – Cllr Rob Strachan
- Vice-chair – Cllr Martyn Tittley
Community Housing and Environmental Health (Overview and Scrutiny) Committee
- Chair – Cllr Richard Cox
- Vice-chair – Cllr Deb Baker-Thomas
Leisure, Parks & Waste Management (Overview and Scrutiny) Committee
- Chair – Cllr David Leytham
- Vice-chair – Cllr Ben Rayner
- Chair – Cllr Bob Awty
- Vice-chair – Cllr Tim Matthews
- Chair – Cllr Joseph Powell
- Vice-chair – Cllr Brenda Constable
Regulatory and Licensing Committee
- Chair – Cllr David Smedley
- Vice-chair – Cllr Thomas Marshall
- Chair – Cllr Brian Yeates
- Vice-chair – Cllr David Salter
- Chair – Cllr Heather Tranter
- Vice-chair – Cllr Mark Warfield
- Chair – Cllr Richard Mosson
- Vice-chair – Cllr Jon O’Hagan
- Chair – Cllr Shirley Barnett
- Vice-chair – Cllr Richard Bamborough